chez Colleen

chez Colleen is the internet blog and creative outlet for Colleen Berding, located in the middle of America. Recipes, reveries, and recess in no particular order.

Monday, July 03, 2006

Adventures in computing

I had fun tonight trying to fix up an old Sony VAIO PC. Its power supply died a while ago and I haven't had much time to work on it. Since tomorrow is a holiday, I decided to spend some time on it this evening. It was really, really dirty again, despite the fact that I cleaned it very thoroughly before we started using it last year.

Once the power supply died, I went in search of another. What a surprise...none of the power supplies would fit in my oddball VAIO case. I bought a new case with power supply. This one has a 24 pin connector and the motherboard only has a 20 pin connector.

Now I have to order a part and start this trek over again when I have more time. It should be fun.

If you don't have enough geeky items in your house or office now, check out this goodie I found today.

Keep your drink cool all day

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Who links to me?