chez Colleen

chez Colleen is the internet blog and creative outlet for Colleen Berding, located in the middle of America. Recipes, reveries, and recess in no particular order.

Monday, January 14, 2008

Deviations

Somedays it seems all too evident that I start out doing one thing, and get diverted to something else. At work, this is due to prioritization. Nurses have to go see what's going on with patients who may be going somewhere that's not necessarily to therapy.

On my days off, like today, I start one thing and my course is deviated by another item. Case in point: I was off on Friday and I got a nastygram in the mail from ye old City re: a stop light camera ticket for Hubby. I paid said ticket early (Arrgh! That was painful, especially since he could not see the light change...another story.) No record of the check appeared at the bank, so I went to the bank, stopped the check, and then went to the City to pay the ticket again with a new check. I get there and they tell me it's already paid. Back I go to the bank to remove the stop. The good news: Hubby and I had lunch at a restaurant near the ticket place, so all was not in vain. (I love ChiliMac's slingers!)

My web surfing is often interrupted, too, by Bubba's entreaties to watch Dinotopia again, but luckily, I use that bookmarking/favorites function to save some interesting items. Here are a few of my recent favorites below.

US worst in preventable deaths (from http://www.reuters.com/)
No surprise here. The most money spent and not always the best results.

Unnecessary quotation marks
Where has this blog been all my life? One of my new favorites on a pet peeve.

Overhead in New York
Another oddball blog that creates some interesting mental pictures.

Billy Bob's Wild Ride
More in the oddball genre, but a good read nevertheless. Billy Bob's Wild Ride is a blog written from the perspective of a patient's liver. Nominated for Best Patient Blog from Medical Blog Awards at http://www.medgagdet.com/.

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Who links to me?