chez Colleen

chez Colleen is the internet blog and creative outlet for Colleen Berding, located in the middle of America. Recipes, reveries, and recess in no particular order.

Thursday, March 09, 2006

It's a rainy Thursday

I'm at my favorite lunchtime Wi-fi hotspot downtown and it's raining, close to what the French call "il pleut des cordes" (raining cats and dogs).

I've got a lot of work I should be doing, but everytime I look out the window, I wonder how I woke up when it would have been a lovely day to sleep in. Then, it hits me, it's Thursday and I'm not off work for vacation.

So, to console myself I'm jamming to Tina Turner's "I can't stand the rain" from Simply the Best. It has been nearly six years since I saw her in concert at the Kiel (now Savvis) Center. That was a great show. She is one great performer and if you sat close to the stage, you could feel the heat from those blow torch things they had on each side. It was cool to see so many different people -- thirtysomethings like me, people in their 60s and 70s (who, like my parents probably saw her at Koenig's in South St. Louis the first time she performed) and teenagers.

My cousin gave me the tickets, only a few weeks after my father had died. I don't think she'll ever know how much that meant to me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Who links to me?