chez Colleen

chez Colleen is the internet blog and creative outlet for Colleen Berding, located in the middle of America. Recipes, reveries, and recess in no particular order.

Friday, April 07, 2006

Happy Friday! Thoughts from the window today

I'm people watching from my favorite wi-fi spot in downtown St. Louis.

In terms of fashion, the colors are quite varied today. I can look here and there and see every color in the spectrum. Luckily, since this is during the day, you see mainly business casual, outside of a suit on a lawyer or banker strolling down the street. Just you wait...it'll be a sea of red on Monday!

I know it's Friday, and where I work, it's Jeans Day, which is anxiously awaited every week. It's not like some people know that, though. Some people in my department wear jeans every day. The nice thing about it is that our boss does not care. He would comment if you came to work in your robe and bunny slippers, but after the shock wore off, he'd leave you to work at your desk.

Due to my lapse of memory, I could not locate my jeans this morning, so I decided to wear the first thing on my clothes rack, which are the summer khakis and khaki jacket. I figured I'd be festive and wear a red shirt for the celebration picnic lunch upstairs (the Cardinals home season starts Monday), until I remembered that it's still Lent, and I can't eat any of those hot dogs, anyway. Maybe they'll have some goodies I can eat later!

Last night, I decided to multitask the oven. I made pizzas for dinner (just frozen ones, no homemade) and then I made pumpkin bars and applesauce bars, so we could take some with us to the fish fry tonight. In an effort to thwart my child's bad habit of eating the icing off the bars and nothing else, I topped them with powdered sugar and a shake of cinnamon. I made the pumpkin bars with raisins in them (a slight deviation in the recipe) and they really rose high and stayed that way, which seemed unusual. Hopefully, he'll eat them.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Who links to me?