chez Colleen

chez Colleen is the internet blog and creative outlet for Colleen Berding, located in the middle of America. Recipes, reveries, and recess in no particular order.

Tuesday, June 12, 2007

Still studying, in the news

I had a really interesting conversation about the news yesterday. It seems one of my compatriots did not know who Paris Hilton was. Sure, he's not in the demographic who might know, but I found it interesting nevertheless, especially with all the "news" she's been in lately.
What a sad state of affairs for the news people when they have to "go Entertainment Tonight" for ratings!

Anyway, here are a few newsy tidbits I found of interest today, in between carpet cleaning (my gift to my brother--happy belated 36!), studying and cracking open CD players.

FBI warns universities to watch out for spies (from cnn.com)
PK told me about this during my SLCC days...and sometimes, I think he's right!

More than just dish about Diana (from washingtonpost.com)
Quickly becoming pseudonews at it's best. Does this really warrant front page of washingtonpost.com? News must be slow this year!

Last but not least....
SLU boosts costs of watching Bills (from stltoday.com)
The travesty of travesties...boo hiss! This 3x Billiken doesn't like it one bit--shades of PSL all over again! I just hope they don't stick up the kids and add a license fee to the Billiken Kids Club!

Labels: , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Who links to me?