chez Colleen

chez Colleen is the internet blog and creative outlet for Colleen Berding, located in the middle of America. Recipes, reveries, and recess in no particular order.

Monday, May 26, 2008

Welcome to summer

Yes, today is Memorial Day and the official start of summer. Here in our neck of the woods, it's been rainy and cloudy. Nevertheless, the lines have formed down the street at Jefferson Barracks and since it's so close to the police station, they're actually out directing traffic.

At my house, I've officially got the bike out for the first time this year. I'm going to use it as transportation tomorrow while the Swedish silver bullet goes in for maintenance. (I'm just hoping it doesn't rain while I'm out!)

I even baked a couple of these cheesecakes. I decorated them with blueberries and strawberries and one tub of Light Cool Whip.

Here are a few items to ponder on this holiday from my meanderings on the web today.

History.com has lots of information on this holiday.

See lots of information on today's holiday at usmemorialday.org

Barefoot in the park? Watch your step (from http://www.nytimes.com/)

It's not holiday related, but happycatholic's always good for an off-the-wall joke (this one with Forrest Gump).

Labels: , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Who links to me?