chez Colleen

chez Colleen is the internet blog and creative outlet for Colleen Berding, located in the middle of America. Recipes, reveries, and recess in no particular order.

Monday, May 19, 2008

How time flies...

One year ago this weekend, I graduated with my latest bachelor's degree from SLU. I can hardly believe the time has flown by so quickly.

The latest graduation on Saturday at SLU was the first one on campus in 60 years. I also noticed that the School of Nursing got its own precommencement location (not with the rest of the Doisy College of Health Sciences) this year at the College Church. Makes you wonder if we (nursing students) were too rowdy last year...;->

Nevertheless, it's fun to see what's going on at your local college or university. Here are a few interesting tidbits about colleges, universities and their inhabitants I've uncovered thanks to my e-mail and checking the calendar.

Many brick and mortar (traditional) colleges and universities need to shake up their business models according to this article by a former FCC chairman. (from the Chronicle of Higher Education)

When college students aren't busy with homework, social life or text messaging someone, apparently some are trying to bring virtual life into reality according to this article in New York magazine.

And if that's not exciting enough, occasionally those university people find diplomats to come and visit campus and chitchat. Since I'm actually off that day, as a Cook alum, I'll just have to go over and see if the rusty French degree still works.

Labels: , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Who links to me?