chez Colleen

chez Colleen is the internet blog and creative outlet for Colleen Berding, located in the middle of America. Recipes, reveries, and recess in no particular order.

Saturday, November 15, 2008

Another Sunday Stealing classic - meme on blogs

The Meme About Memes & Blogging

How do you feel about being tagged for memes?
Personally, it doesn't bother me in the least.

Do you participate in any regular weekly memes? Which ones?
No. I would if I had the time. Sometimes blogging weekly is difficult. I have two other blogs I write for besides this one (see the sidebar), and lately it's been challenging.

Have you found any bloggers that you began to read regularly after participating in a meme with them?
No, not exactly, but I have read blogs I wouldn't normally read because of some memes.

Do you know of any readers who found you through a meme and became regular readers?
No.

Did you find any favorite blogs through comments or blogrolls on others’ blogs?
Yes, I do all the time. I love reading comments and then checking a blog. It's fascinating stuff.

Did you find any favorite blogs from someone else’s recommendation?
Yes, I have.

If you comment on someone’s blog, do you expect a response? If so, do you prefer that response to come through an e-mail, a comment from them on the same post, or a a comment on your blog?
No. Sometimes I subscribe to comments, but most often, I do not. I'll check the posts out later if I go back at a future date.

Do you ever struggle with your blogging “voice”?
Yes, I started this blog on a lark, when "blog" really was a foreign word, even for someone in an internet-oriented job like mine. I developed it further when I was looking for a specific internet job. I didn't get it (I was one of the finalists), so I only blogged sporadically.

Then 2006 rolled around after I had successfully launched and run http://www.stbonifaceonline.com/ once the parish had closed. I started that blog and posted daily for a little over a year. Traffic picked up and I developed the very popular Ultimate Fish Fry Compendium. I then realized I needed to come back to this blog and have fun bouncing stuff around, since it had been a while since I was managing any sort of real web content of my own that was fun and fluffy.

By May of 2006, I was in nursing school and this was just the diversion I needed when I wasn't ripping my hair out in between class, clinicals, studying and chasing a little kid around the house.

Since graduation in 2007, I've been busy working, but I love messing around here. It is a lot of fun. I started my own tech-oriented nursing blog, IT RN because I couldn't find anything like it anywhere else.

Are there certain types of blogs that attract you?
I read all sorts of stuff, related to my current and former jobs, as well as all sorts of general things.

I read and get the idea of a blog usually in the first page and from the About section. A really good About section gets me to come back, because it gives me some background on the blog to understand it.

Are there certain types of blogs that repel you?
Not really. I'll read anything once. I don't appreciate the texter (r u 2 gr8) spelling stuff. I appreciate authentic American English standard grammar for the most part. (I say American, so those non-American English speakers don't give me trouble...I love English in whatever localization I get it!)

What time of day do you usually blog?
Whenever I have a free moment at home. I follow the rule of never blogging at work. I've got enough to do there...that's why they call it work!

Do your family and friends know about your blog? Do they read it? Do they mind if you mention them? Do they suggest posts for it?
Yes, they know about it. Some read it, some don't.

No one has accused me of revealing any family secrets (yet!), nor have they objected to me mentioning them. I use pseudonyms whenever I can. Occasionally, I get a post suggestion, but not too often.

Labels: , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Who links to me?