chez Colleen

chez Colleen is the internet blog and creative outlet for Colleen Berding, located in the middle of America. Recipes, reveries, and recess in no particular order.

Friday, September 26, 2008

Fall baking season again

I love this time of year. My favorite way to heat up the house is to start baking, and since I meet up with the St. Boniface folks on Fridays for coffee whenever I can, I like to bring something along.

Today I made bread pudding with the sauce to go with it, since good ol' Padre Giacomo set me up with some wonderful bread from Breadsmith the other day. Their bread is so good your dog will even like it. (Mine has a terrible weakness for bread period and he ate 1/4 of a loaf when I went out for a few minutes and left a half loaf too close to the edge of the counter).

Surprisingly, this recipe is actually low fat (except for the sauce), so you can read the nutrition information below.

Bread pudding

Nutrition facts:
194 calories, 4 g total fat, (2 g saturated fat) 112 mg cholesterol, 180 mg sodium, 30g carbohydrate, 0 g fiber (varies with type of bread) 7 g protein. 11% Vitamin A, 1% Vitamin C, 9% calcium, 5% iron.

Whiskey Sauce

Nutrition facts:
88 calories, 5 g total fat (3 g saturated fat) 34mg cholesterol, 47mg sodium, 10g carbohydrates, 0 g fiber, 0 g protein

Labels: , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Who links to me?