chez Colleen

chez Colleen is the internet blog and creative outlet for Colleen Berding, located in the middle of America. Recipes, reveries, and recess in no particular order.

Saturday, March 11, 2006

Spring is here

At least, with the high-70 degree weather we're having here today, it sure seems like it.

In typical techie fashion, in between my bouts with my study guide for my psych class I'm taking online this semester, I'm holed up at one of my favorite Wi-Fi hotspots, looking out the window as people come in from the parking lot.

You see a variety of South County residents from this spot. First, you see the parent with kids who obviously has been downtown to the St. Patrick's Day parade today (the green T-shirts, boas, and beads, just give them away). Next, I see a group of guys at the couch and coffee table section just in front of the window, discussing the latest pyramid scheme with some rather unsuspecting spike-haired younger guy. I'm not sure what it is, but this place seems to attract them. Why these guys are so cheap, they don't even have business cards! (as I watch leader 1 hand spikey a scrap of paper as leader 2 gives him a homemade CD, while his cell phone goes off with the next victim.)

I just wish I had a better view from here. You look out and you see the bank across the street and cars going by. Off in the distance, I see an old McDonald's restaurant that sits vacant and the big yellow dumpster enclosure at the Romano's Macaroni Grill.

What they really need is a big green plaza with benches and trees. A safe place to let your kid run without running into traffic or a large display table of very expensive porcelain. Some flowering bushes scattered around would be nice, too.

So much for my lapse into fantasyland. Back to work...at least, the view will be a little better, if not plain.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Who links to me?