chez Colleen

chez Colleen is the internet blog and creative outlet for Colleen Berding, located in the middle of America. Recipes, reveries, and recess in no particular order.

Thursday, May 25, 2006

Everyone needs a goose egg

...on your head, right smack dab in the middle of the forehead, to realize why headache pain relievers really are great.

I was lucky enough to whack my head while going for one of Bubba's dropped M&Ms on the floor. I did not want to take the dog to the vet for eating too many of them. My reward is a big headache today, which is, thankfully, subsiding, so I could write this.

Outside of other fun activities, I'm still doing my PR work for the upcoming Notre Dame High School reunion on 6/25 (see www.ndalum.net for more details). It's going pretty well. Never underestimate the power of a parish secretary. They're the folks who do most of the work. I am so happy to be working with so many of them. They're making my task a lot easier.

My background check was rescheduled to next Wednesday. The scheduler was not real time, so it did not confirm my appointment, which I originally scheduled for yesterday. It just rescheduled me for the following week, and my spam filter on my e-mail promptly sorted it to the Junk folder and you can guess where it went. At least, they don't use ink anymore for that fingerprinting. Now, I just go back with my $100 check and my fingers, and all will be lovely.

Here are a couple of fun articles I found today whilst meandering through cyberspace:

The World's Snappiest Comebacks (from the Washington Post).
I love Nicole Kidman's heel comment.

A Mistakeover
How technology makes some things really good, and others, not so good. (also from the Washington Post)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Who links to me?