chez Colleen

chez Colleen is the internet blog and creative outlet for Colleen Berding, located in the middle of America. Recipes, reveries, and recess in no particular order.

Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Out with the old...

In with the new...Happy New Year to all!

Yes, I've taken my good old time on this blog the last couple of months. A few things have come up to keep me busy.

First, I was lucky enough to be sent to Seattle in fall weather to attend a conference. I had a blast in the land of Starbucks. I've only been to the Pacific Northwest once before and that was north of the border, so this was my first junket to that neck of the woods in 10 years. I learned a bit and had a good time. I wish I would have had more time to be a tourist!

Earlier in December, I got not one, but two birthday celebrations and a memorial service in one day. After all that, I had a surprise party...much to my surprise! I hadn't even a clue. I guess that's what I deserve for a speed limit birthday. It was fun.

When the holidays rolled around, I got the pleasure of working, as I will for years to come, since I am lucky enough to have no seniority. So until everyone quits or retires or I win the lottery, yours truly will get to work on Christmas and most of the other holidays, unless they fall on my day off. Ahh, the fun of work...but I ain't complainin'! I really enjoy my commute (could only get longer if I decide to walk) and the pay and benefits are nice. It's also nice to work in a specialty, since we're respected for knowing what we're doing, which, as Martha would say, is a very, very good thing.

My most memorable holidays gifts: a "MOM" coffee mug, some DVDs (foreign films and Sabrina--yeah!) and a nasty, nasty virus. Try as I might, I couldn't send the virus back. At least, as a good nurse, I kept the virus at bay until the holidays were over (I'm sure my boss enjoyed that!)

2009 is interesting so far. I'm studying and cleaning and plotting and planning. It should be fun!
Stay tuned...

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Who links to me?