chez Colleen

chez Colleen is the internet blog and creative outlet for Colleen Berding, located in the middle of America. Recipes, reveries, and recess in no particular order.

Saturday, April 15, 2006

Easter!

I'm finally back. This has been a very exhausting week. I took the day off yesterday and worked like crazy around my house getting ready for Easter.

I started at 645AM prepping my baking. I baked two devil's food cakes and two of my famous Imperial Pound cakes (see an old Blogger post for the recipe). By the time I finished with everything around 10AM, I had to turn on the air conditioner, because the house was hot and stuffy. We reached a record high of 92 degrees (F) yesterday, when normally, this time of year, it's about 66 degrees.

After I did that, I emptied trash, cleaned the floors, washed dishes and proceeded to dye a couple dozen eggs after I had gotten my errands run and shopping completed. Then, it was off to pick up Bubba (not his real name) , take him out to the fish fry for dinner and bring Dad's home (since he was feeling under the weather).

Later in the evening, after I went back to the store to pick up the forgotten strawberries I need for strawberry shortcake Sunday, I put them and all the other stuff I bought away and Bubba (not his real name) and I proceeded to make a powdered sugar glaze for the devil's food cakes. We dyed some purple (since one cake was for Sis--it's her favorite color) and some green. He really enjoyed stirring the dye in and watching the glaze change color.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Who links to me?