chez Colleen

chez Colleen is the internet blog and creative outlet for Colleen Berding, located in the middle of America. Recipes, reveries, and recess in no particular order.

Friday, August 11, 2006

Snort, snort...

It's been a fun morning, especially when you're in St. Louis and wake up with a horrendous sinus headache. I really want to return my sinuses for a refund, however, no one wants to take them and replace the bad ones.

After I got Bubba off to preschool and got my coffee, I meandered over to Maplewood to see some of the St. Boniface folks in their usual confab on Friday after Mass. Since I was feeling pretty rested up yesterday, I baked some zucchini bread and brought a loaf over. There were a few takers, but most of the folks wanted lots of sugar and icing, and the zucchini bread could not deliver. It's always a fun bunch...where else can I find a good argument about Canon 121 in the US, the merits of OxyClean, the Mayo diet and the Three Stooges all in one place over coffee?

I ended the party by helping some of the IC folks with their computer issues. I leave IT, but it follows me everywhere. I hate leaving people in a lurch, and they need me more than anyone since they have an IT staff of zero and the budget to match.

As granny used to say, "It's for the church." and that's why I do it. (Even though granny mentioned this when playing bingo at church. ;->)

The snort, snort comes as a reference to a cool blog I found today courtesy of blogger.com. It's called Rhinocrisy and reminded me of reading Ionesco's Rhinoceros in high school French class.

More recipes and reveries on tap...stay tuned.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Who links to me?