chez Colleen

chez Colleen is the internet blog and creative outlet for Colleen Berding, located in the middle of America. Recipes, reveries, and recess in no particular order.

Thursday, October 12, 2006

Whew!

I'm coming up for air for a study break while I'm burning a DVD of my wedding video in the computer lab (Yes, you can do that if you sign up!). I'm still alive and busy planning our first Spook-tober fest with lots of Halloween goodies for the kids and beer and German food for the adults (and any kid who will eat them), such as brats, sauerkraut, sauerbraten and potato pancakes.

In addition, I'm also on a quest for an outdoor firepit (to get people outside) and make s'mores to keep the kids interested. We have enough room to make a maze, but I don't know that I have enough time to do it and disassemble it. Weather also plays a factor in this.

Here are some goodies I found on the internet today. Enjoy!

Study: Decaf coffee has caffeine (from washingtonpost.com)
What a surprise!

Another interesting study: Half of Americans say they regift (from cnn.com)
I was interviewed about this very topic last year for the St. Louis Post-Dispatch.

A cooks.com sauerbraten recipe: http://www.cooks.com/rec/view/0,1718,157167-246206,00.html

A story about some determined kids: The Paperclip project

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Who links to me?