chez Colleen

chez Colleen is the internet blog and creative outlet for Colleen Berding, located in the middle of America. Recipes, reveries, and recess in no particular order.

Tuesday, August 22, 2006

Truth and fiction in the blogosphere

While I was surfing around today blissfully soaking up the filtered sunlight from the back office as my vacation quickly disappears, I wondered how many people really believe what they read on the internet.

This article (again, via happycatholic) made me wonder about this. So what is true on the 'net these days anyway. Here's my own little list:

Chez-isms (or Things I know are really true in my own life and little blog):

1. I am really back at school full-time in my mid-thirties. Sure beats a midlife crisis!

2. Life is not a spectator sport, but it never hurts to learn by watching first before you make a fool out of yourself.

3. I will always be a technogeek. It just has something to do with those experimental genes I inherited.

4. People will always come up to you and ask questions in stores if you look like you know what you are doing.

5. It never hurts to have friends at the bank or at your local police department.

6. As an addedum to 5, be sure to bring cookies or candy BEFORE you need help.

7. Saying "please" and "thank you" wherever you are can really result in a better experience.

8. Ask questions. Some people will be flattered that you care about their job/situation/story and others will be extremely annoyed.

9. Never wear dry cleanable clothing around small children.

10. Take time to smell the roses, talk to an old friend, and eat chocolate.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Who links to me?