chez Colleen

chez Colleen is the internet blog and creative outlet for Colleen Berding, located in the middle of America. Recipes, reveries, and recess in no particular order.

Saturday, March 18, 2006

And it's the weekend!

After my day off yesterday started with an Irish 'breakfast' of Tullamore Dew and coffee cake, courtesy of the Irish priest, I headed about in a flurry of activity.

In the evening, I went out with my husband and son for a St. Pat's dinner. It was great, with Irish stew, corned beef and cabbage, and a scallop bake and the prerequisite soda bread. I made a pound cake with strawberries and whipped cream, and Jeff and Rachel's neighbor made a berry cobbler.

After several glasses of red wine and engaging conversation, Bubba (not his real name) told us it was time to go home (a first for him!) and we headed home. I had to convince him to go to sleep at 1030. Something worked because I fell asleep first!

I woke up late today and everything was a blur, running errands and cleaning the house. While driving around town, I heard a few Go-Gos tunes. It makes me want to look for a bass guitar to take lessons (Head over Heels has a great bass guitar solo in it). Nevertheless, now I'm relaxing by backing up my external hard drive to DVD and playing with Photoshop.

Here's an interesting joke I found while meandering around the blogosphere. Enjoy the rest of the weekend!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Who links to me?