chez Colleen

chez Colleen is the internet blog and creative outlet for Colleen Berding, located in the middle of America. Recipes, reveries, and recess in no particular order.

Friday, March 24, 2006

NDHS alum? You'd better read this....

I found out a few weeks ago that the rumored changes in the works for my alma mater, Notre Dame High School in beautiful downtown Lemay, are being implemented.

The official word from NDHS.


Mysteriously, one person I know got a Yahoo! e-mail. I read the entire thing. While it was from a Yahoo! account, I take that opinion (of the person who forwarded this to me) as being of reasonably sound mind, and it looked reasonably coherent to me.

Here's the important part of the text that I received:

"Now that you have the information you need, let's stand together as alumnae to support the Notre Dame community."

NOTE: Also included were e-mail addresses and phone numbers for ND provincials, the ND president and principal, as well as the school's mailing address, which you can also get from the web site listed in the link above. Lo and behold, I forwarded it to some folks I know with the following:

"If you know of any friends, children, nieces, grandchildren who went to
Notre Dame High School, please forward this message along to them."

OK. Sounds simple enough if you can read. You choose to forward it or not.

I am a natural skeptic, so I checked it out myself. I am confident that others will do the same. I ask about the contents by e-mailing one of the ND provincials listed at the bottom. I get a quick answer. Ok, fine by me, so I think.

Now suddenly today at 416PM, an anonymous "parent" (obviously a woman) leaves me a strange voicemail that "I am wrong".

Questions I throw out there for you, Ms. "Anonymous":

What is wrong with forwarding something after reading it?
Why on earth are you cold-calling me?
Why didn't ND send out their OWN e-mail? They do have my e-mail address.

Anyway, we'll see what happens next. She mentioned she might call back.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Who links to me?